Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New York Miscellaneous

Did I mention while in New York City last week, I put in a few miles on the treadmill at the Marriott we were staying at? Who in the world works out when they're traveling?! I'm tellin' you, I have a serious problem! But just to continue on with my last tirade about gyms having a thermostat problem - it sure got hot in there! And of course, the treadmills faced the tall glass dividers by the large lap pool in front of us, so it "looked" cooler than it really was... mind games, I tell you! Nice treadmills, however... sure wish I would've noted what brand it was because I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

So while taking a tour of Manhattan when my co-worker and I weren't working (*cough*) I came upon a neat scribe/engraving on a bench in Central Park...


I like that a lot. The bench was on a sidewalk that borders a portion of the course where the NYC Marathon passes through. Speaking of which... while dining at one of the local eateries in downtown Brooklyn, Grimaldi's Pizzeria to be exact, I saw a couple people there with ING/NYC Marathon shirts - we were in town just days after they ran their annual NYC 26.2 - I didn't realize this marathon receives over 100,000 applicants! Amazing... and awesome!  ING NYC Marathon.org

Wait a second! You let me get this far without posting a picture of pure pizza epic-ness from Grimaldi's?!


This was their "small" pizza dish with pepperoni, black olives, and ham. This was an amazing pizza and I doubt I'll ever forget it ...no, really... it was awesome - something about their cheese. Epic-ness indeed! Yes, I'm a pizza addict. I seriously don't know what to do with myself...

Since returning from NYC, I had a couple of back-to-back "blah" runs, and although I'm probably in denial - I mean, c'mon, I had a whole week of shoddy nutrition (with the exception of Grimaldi's... that was all good nutrition, believe me!) and Hefeweizen beer goodness - it was bound to catch up to me. At least that's what I think it was? (head scratch/shrug) Anyway, I believe I'm just a run or two away from springing back into a good running rhythm - it's a great feeling that I miss already - I'm not being too melodramatic, am I? Hey, good and bad days... what can you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment