Sunday, November 27, 2011

NYC Pictures & Random Things...

My apologies for the conspicuous absence of pics from my last post (I mean, who wants to see pics of worn out running shoes?!), but to make up for it you get to see some pictures I took during my New York trip earlier this month! ...wait, come back! You'll enjoy it.

First of all, this was a short trip for work and so it was just my co-worker (Al) and I...  Al's a good guy and he was tolerant of my sightseeing excursions - hey, I've never been to NYC before! I'll tell you, New York was a fun place to visit. The food, the people, the sights, sounds, and everything that makes NYC different from Los Angeles made for a great trip! Timing-wise we were off by a weekend because we arrived just two days after the ING NYC Marathon - a complete bummer as I would have liked to have taken a gander at the biggest marathon event in the World!

Now take note the only thing running related in this post has already been written in the above paragraph! And now for your viewing pleasure... by the way, please don't blame the camera... it's the photographer. I know, what are you going to do - all I had with me was a government-issued Panasonic Lumix camera. I try to be a light traveler, but this time, I sure wish I would've had access to my Nikon DSLR equipment. (Insert disgusted look on face here)

Hey, you can see the Manhattan Bridge! On our way to find Grimaldi's Pizzeria.
I know, it doesn't look like much, but they're using a coal brick oven for crying out loud! (The pizza was absolutely fantastic ...yes, we ate there TWICE.)
The NYC Apple Store - a glass box enclosure above ground; a huge store below street level with half of NY's population inside shopping... yikes, talk about a huge crowd. Claustrophobia would not do well down there.

The south entrance of Central Park - "The Pond" - the weather was terrific.

Some awesome Fall colors throughout Central Park. I would imagine October would be the BEST time to be there...

Not even a third of the way into the park... it's a HUGE park. Very huge.

I probably could have just called this the "Central Park Post"  ...hard to believe there's a city out there.

I have another picture of this posted previously - I just liked the quote so I thought I'd post it again. Hey, this IS a running blog!

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Resevoir - sure could've used a wide angle lens here...

One of the old pedestrian bridges that crosses the 86th Street Transverse

Yes, you know what's next...

That's a tall building... Rockefeller Center

The obligatory outdoor ice rink pic - it's a neat area and Times Square isn't too far away. 

North end of Times Square - Theater District

Times Square ...eleventy gabillion people were outside

Lots of lights... a whole lot. Reminds me of Vegas.

One World Trade Center construction (9/11 Memorial site) - everything about this memorial site is huge in scale - it's really something to be seen in person. 

South Pool Memorial - former site of South Tower

View from the South Pool border...

Reflection off of the future WTC Historical Museum

They were just minding their business when I came along... once this pic was snapped, a long line of visitors started lining up for their picture opportunity as well - sorry about that! 

Well that's it folks! A small sampling because I like to take a ton of pictures, but I'm going to spare you! I sure hope to return soon to this wonderful city. Maybe as a lucky lottery draw for the next NYC Marathon???

No comments:

Post a Comment