Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gear Check: GPS Watches (Link)

Currently, I use a Nike+ iPod Nano for tracking my runs and/or the CardioSmart GPS app on my Droid phone. The Nike+ app on the iPod Nano is not GPS-based, but uses a foot pod-like sensor attached to the shoe and a receiver on the Nano for tracking steps taken during the walk/run. It's quite accurate when calibrated correctly and the entire package is very lightweight and "cumbersome" is not a word I would use to describe this setup. However, like all things that track human activities, it has it's shortfall at times - but if you're a GPS junkie, here's an informative link (dated August 25, 2011) that tests the various GPS walk/run devices that are currently on the market:

RunTheLine.com

I'm intrigued with the Nike+ Tom Tom GPS Sportswatch...  we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment