Sunday, October 30, 2011

Nutrition for the road...

Lunchtime is usually an interesting bag of randomness around me - I always try to fit in some type of vegetable, fruit, or whole grains - plenty of room to work with! Although I'm heading out the door to get some more road miles on the bike and then a run later on, so some extra fuel couldn't hurt, right?


Who could resist Honey Crisp apples?? I mean, c'mon! They're awesome! And they're in season (although at $2.49 a pound, it takes some of the edge off of that awesomeness) and are in the ginormous category - they're pretty huge. Half a Honey Crisp is more than a full serving size. Ya-hoo.


But wait, there's more! Red grapes, too? You'd better believe it! Those red grapes go with practically anything... even pizza. ...hey, if they can put pineapple on pizza, then red grapes will do as well.


What?! Yes, I know... completely ridiculous, but I felt like dessert instead of lunch. So, topped with a quarter cup of non-fat, plain organic yogurt (Trader Joe's) and Quaker granola - now that's the shiznit of fruit bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment