Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"How's the knee, Jim?"

Hey, glad you asked! My knee is feeling much, much better! If I were to give a conservative estimate, using some kind of extrapolated formula, I'd say it was back to 80%. I have no idea how I came up with that percentage... all I know is, it certainly feels much better and seems to have improved much more quickly than I originally anticipated. As I mentioned before, it's not the first time I've had that injury (typical overuse injury to the knee, for those of you joining us late), but it sure seems to have healed on a hastened path. Hmmm... it's trying to lull me into a trap! Well to be safe I'm going to take it easy and wait until Friday before I attempt any walking or, dare I say? A run??

WOW, am I overly eager to get a run in! I was thinking today about how my thoughts are often preoccupied with how long of a run I was going to power out, or what route I was going to take for the day and what not. It's sort of an anticipatory thought process because I really look forward to some of these runs. Not all of them, but plenty of them. It's the training ones I tend to dread as I know a steep hill is usually waiting with my name all over it! Or the tempo training run... ughh... misery to my ears because all I hear over the music in my earphones is the sound of my heavy recovery breathing!

But for now, while I'm still recuperating, I'm looking forward to fitting in an active semi-long walk, and eventually a short and easy run. Say - depending on how I feel I may even try to work up a long run by Monday morning! Whoa there! Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... I'll see how it goes the next few days. Although I sure am feeling restless! I'd better find something else to blog about!

And hey, check out the new poll on energy gels - sorry but it's all about the gels this time! I'll fit in a generic "energy supplement" poll somewhere down the line. Thanks to all two of my readers out there for participating!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment